Saturday, June 8, 2013

An under published writer

I am a writer. I love to write. I love the control involved in writing. I love the space and the freedom for ones mind to flow. Since I engage in a lot of internal dialogue like so many of us I enjoy the chance to vent outside in.

I have been giving an assignment that I feel is beneficial yet a push in a direction I have no desire to go in right now. I am focused on school. My education and my training fully. I currently offer sessions in any of my learned modality free of charge as a way to practice and hone my skills.

I also am a planner. I have a success timeline for myself. A set of goals to achieve that I have mapped out and followed. Some more so mentally than physically.

My business plan of action is to set up an internship with someone locally in my last year of school which will be the start of Sept! I then would like to graduate with all my credentials in order and hit the ground running. I plan to start a webpage, a facebook page, advertise in my top 4 local publications. After I have gotten a base of clients then I want to share my knowledge in the form of an article. Although I am knowledgeable about many things. I feel as if I would be cheating myself, the person reading the article and its potential readers by writing an article now that I thought should be submitted. I am still growing and putting more information into my mainframe.

I remember when I submitter my first poem to be published and the anxiety around that. I also remember feeling confident because I had working on my poetry since 8 years old. I choose a poem about love that I already wrote and that most people enjoyed.

I do not know what my next step will be regarding this assignment. I have done the research and I am glad to know just how this process should work. I also need time to prepare my craft into an article that can be a true example of what I am capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment